MJ's little flock

Looking good!
I am a bit surprised the haven’t felt it needed cross-bracing (some struts at 45 degrees to add stability).
Probably less important without a roof (but I thought you were putting a roof on some of it??). Might be good to ask them.
I found some photos of cross bracing at the Chicken Palace that might help explain what I mean.
View attachment 2487311View attachment 2487312View attachment 2487313
For now it's unroofed except for mesh, which is lightweight.

We're down to one tailfeather.

IMG20210114080640.jpg

Looking good!
I am a bit surprised the haven’t felt it needed cross-bracing (some struts at 45 degrees to add stability).
Probably less important without a roof (but I thought you were putting a roof on some of it??). Might be good to ask them.
I found some photos of cross bracing at the Chicken Palace that might help explain what I mean.
View attachment 2487311View attachment 2487312View attachment 2487313
The chicken palace is wonderful!

The tradies keep saying they're building a chicken palace and I keep demurring because I've seen a real chicken palace, yours, and we're far short of that. I prefer Funrun.

IMG20210114081320.jpg

It's looking fantastic MJ!!! The girls look like they're loving it too. :hugs
Thanks for saying so! I love it and I can't wait to set it up with the hens various toys. Tree stimps, little coop, bale of hay etc. Food and water. Tables for shade. And some new plants.

The chicken palace is wonderful!

The tradies keep saying they're building a chicken palace and I keep demurring because I've seen a real chicken palace, yours, and we're far short of that. I prefer Funrun.

View attachment 2488123
I love Funrun. And you know it will be fun!

Did the tradies’ work pass the inspection?
Do make sure they clear up any screws that fall to the ground so the chickens don’t eat them.
I've been checking for dropped nails and screws and so far I haven't found any.

Back
Top Bottom