MJ's little flock

Look who's come to say hello!

Screenshot_2021-03-04-16-35-20-35.png

From the dates, she's almost ready to lay again.

@Scrambles83 I haven't seen a photo of your hens for a while, how are they going? All good?
They are!
With the family all having colds I haven’t been as snap happy so I’ve just gone out and gotten some shots (some are reserved for mugs Monday 🤭)

Bokky with her new feathers coming in. They are a beautiful darker brown. Still a bit to go before she’s done but going well.
3C229CD0-F5FB-434C-BA62-22476A0D056A.jpeg

Snow seems to be finishing her final growing up moult. Her tail feathers are all black now whereas she used to have white outlines on them. Fingers crossed it means laying soon 🤷🏻‍♀️
BC820D78-6777-49F7-BF2D-E6A627234FC3.jpeg

Snow and Belle with Bokky getting her head in.
D09F2D1E-C429-45B1-8A8E-F6707E727993.jpeg

The 3 ladies in one shot (hard to do as you know haha)
FC0D14AE-33C3-465C-8150-6F2C34DC74A1.jpeg

Bok and Snow showing size comparison!
14672CA8-F3DD-4EE8-9449-9E940D8C7A3E.jpeg

Then this happened. Belle loves to get on my back or shoulder if I’m in the right height range. And here was me thinking she was shy with me because I haven’t been hanging out like in school holidays 🥰
C5EDA33D-204A-4141-8A55-ACC28731C9EF.jpeg

And a gratuitous one of Snow and Bok again because...why not 🤗
1BDA481F-6F4C-4302-A63D-57513E9042CC.jpeg

Sorry to flood your thread :oops:

I send Violet out to do the same 😂
They sit on the top of her trampoline and poop all over it, so then she won’t use it :barnie
I’m going to have to do something 🤔
Anyone have any ideas? I’ve seen holographic tape and those fake owls but I can’t imagine any of it working...
I use a treadle feeder.... The wild birds haven't figured that out yet.

I was actually looking at them yesterday. Will maybe have to start saving my pennies...
Was it easy enough to teach them how to use it?
Yes. Super easy. Mine has 3 holes on the sides & pegs to fit them so you can keep the lid open while they learn that's where the food is then gradually lower it until they must step on the foot to open the lid. They have never got trapped either, which I was afraid of.

Yes. Super easy. Mine has 3 holes on the sides & pegs to fit them so you can keep the lid open while they learn that's where the food is then gradually lower it until they must step on the foot to open the lid. They have never got trapped either, which I was afraid of.
Awesome. Couple of questions.
What brand is yours?
Do you have it outside in the weather or inside?

I almost got a snap of all four hens!

View attachment 2553038

Well, technically all four are in it but they were scattering. And no one's looking at the camera :gig
Again, I just had the writing and no photo, but the photo opened when I quoted the post. :barnie

Nice photo btw MJ. One can really see everyone's patterns...except for Ivy's. 😁

Back
Top Bottom