MJ's little flock

If I told them I'm not so stupid, they'd be laughing for hours!

No so stoopid she says! :lau

Bes joak ever! :celebrate

That :gigwhy :gig .. Wait wait.. That why she cleen our poops!!!!! Bahahahaha!!!!!

Me didn no she sooo funny! :lau:gig:lau:gig

I :gig seed :gigher... Wait wait... I seed her count alllll th ways to three!! Bahahahahaha!!!!

Ooo ooo ooo me face hurt! But no stops :gig :celebrate :lau
:gig:lol::gig:lau:gig:lau:gig:lol::lau:lol:

OUTSTANDING!

All 4 girls together. View attachment 2591562

Since their moults I have noticed that they still have white dots , like dandruff, on the tops of their heads and necks where the cuticle hasn't come off the feathers. Alice's is the worst. It looks like a spiky gel hairdo.
Has anyone else seen this?
View attachment 2591563
Phyllis had that for a while last molt. Those head feathers can't be worked by their beak. I think they either need a friend to help or shake their heads enough that they fall off eventually.

I love seeing them on the bench. Great photos.

Since their moults I have noticed that they still have white dots , like dandruff, on the tops of their heads and necks where the cuticle hasn't come off the feathers. Alice's is the worst. It looks like a spiky gel hairdo.
View attachment 2591563

Yep! It's the keratin sheath. They can't really reach it to peck it off, sometimes mine help each other out, but it usually comes off after a bit and a few good dirt baths.

View attachment 2591563
Yes, here is Maggie’s spikey do when she was finishing up her molt.
680EBA8A-62E2-47F0-8B60-119F6F869480.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom