MJ's little flock

The things you never imagined doing in your life, but what you do to feel more at peace.
I read it to Violet at bedtime and we giggled then shed a few tears about how she looked a bit like Bok.
So, naturally, I read it to Bok a bit later 💜

View attachment 2608219
Her comb is warmer than it’s been all day, still flopped right over though. Me an Vi have told her of our love for her.
Violet’s theory (5&1/2yo) is that Penny became a chicken god when she passed. And that means it’s ok if Bok dies because she will be with her best friend again. I have a strange but awesome kid 💜
I remember sitting reading to Patsy. :hugs:hugs

Last edited:
Thank you @rjohns39, and good morning.
I’m so grateful to all you folks on here and the other threads I assault with my presence 😅
The decision to bring her inside was a tough one, being with her peeps might be beneficial but with the temp dropping today I felt I owed it to her to keep her warm. I told my husband after I did it with Penny to no avail I wouldn’t do it again. But despite his eternal wisdom (😉) of how she’s not going to get better for it, I told him it will be a day and see how she goes.
Oh dear, an emotional person like me maybe shouldn’t have gotten new chickens!
:hugs:hugs:hugs

The things you never imagined doing in your life, but what you do to feel more at peace.
I read it to Violet at bedtime and we giggled then shed a few tears about how she looked a bit like Bok.
So, naturally, I read it to Bok a bit later 💜

View attachment 2608219
Her comb is warmer than it’s been all day, still flopped right over though. Me an Vi have told her of our love for her.
Violet’s theory (5&1/2yo) is that Penny became a chicken god when she passed. And that means it’s ok if Bok dies because she will be with her best friend again. I have a strange but awesome kid 💜
Hi scrambles I'm just checking in to see if there are any options for pain relief. I'm hopeful someone who knows what and how much to dose will chime in. I think it will give both of you some ease :hugs:hugs:hugs

I’m so grateful to all you folks on here and the other threads I assault with my presence 😅
The decision to bring her inside was a tough one, being with her peeps might be beneficial but with the temp dropping today I felt I owed it to her to keep her warm. I told my husband after I did it with Penny to no avail I wouldn’t do it again. But despite his eternal wisdom (😉) of how she’s not going to get better for it, I told him it will be a day and see how she goes.
I'm a bit of a mess too when I have a chicken I know's not going to make it no matter what? It's the flip side of love. We grieve when we lose a friend.

She had 2 mouthfuls of the tuna (I blended it to make it easier to eat 🤷🏻‍♀️) then turned away to sit as she is in the above photo ☹️
That’s not a good sign when they turn their beaks up at tasty different food, especially protein. I knew something was very wrong when Lucy wasn’t interested in cheese. I’m so sorry. :hugs

Being emotional just means you will love them more and treat them like treasured pets, rather than primary producers. I’m sure MJ won’t mind at all how often you post. :hugs

Hi scrambles I'm just checking in to see if there are any options for pain relief. I'm hopeful someone who knows what and how much to dose will chime in. I think it will give both of you some ease :hugs:hugs:hugs
Thanks MJ, not sure I could get it into her. She’s turning her beak up at everything now. I called our local vet and I can take her in there tomorrow at the earliest to be put to sleep. I’m just going out to clean up the coop from the girls last night so she can be out with her friends instead of in with us. I think she would prefer it to the strange laundry environment.

Thanks MJ, not sure I could get it into her. She’s turning her beak up at everything now. I called our local vet and I can take her in there tomorrow at the earliest to be put to sleep. I’m just going out to clean up the coop from the girls last night so she can be out with her friends instead of in with us. I think she would prefer it to the strange laundry environment.
I agree. She'll be happier with her friends.

Back
Top Bottom