MJ's little flock

I'm very pleased with Mary. This is the first time she sat for long enough to hatch chicks. That means there's two capable broodies in the tribe and two aunties.

Mary has a higher ranking than Ivy and she's a year older, so perhaps she ought to be given first shot at hatching. It might help the tribe establish better chick raising habits.

And, with the rooster up the street, I could have quite easy access to fertile eggs 🤔

When you think about it it's a bee sound multiplied by 300-500 (I guess). So it makes sense that a swarm is quite loud.
When it happened at our house we were all outside for some reason or other (husband, housemate and I,) when all the sudden there were tons of insects everywhere. All kinds of bugs of every kind, then we heard the buzzing and saw bees and more bees until the whole middle of the tree was covered. I guess they drove everyone else out at least temporarily. We just stood there at watched stunned. Took 15-20 min. They moved into the hollow and lived there until the tree broke years later.

When it happened at our house we were all outside for some reason or other (husband, housemate and I,) when all the sudden there were tons of insects everywhere. All kinds of bugs of every kind, then we heard the buzzing and saw bees and more bees until the whole middle of the tree was covered. I guess they drove everyone else out at least temporarily. We just stood there at watched stunned. Took 15-20 min. They moved into the hollow and lived there until the tree broke years later.
I love that they moved into your tree!

Back
Top Bottom