MJ's little flock

Bathing Beauty :love

IMG_2022-01-19-11-10-09-197.jpg

Cool! Do you want to tell us more about them?
Sure! I am using my computer, so I will have to have to post pictures of them later when I can use my phone, but I will share about them! :)
I have already talked about the Australorps, so I will talk about my other hens.

Basil: She is a 10 month old FBCM. She is VERY friendly as well as curious. She makes very cute noises. She gets along very well with the other hens. She is a decent layer especially considering that Marans aren't the best layers in general. Basil loves free ranging and is very good at it. Over all, she is an amazing hen, and I don't know what my flock would be without her.

Juniper (June for short): She is also a 10 month old FBCM and I got her with Basil. This makes Basil and Juniper extremely bonded because they have been together their entire lives. Juniper is just as curious (if not more) as Basil. Juniper is a very sweet hen as well. She lays decently as well. Juniper is one of the first ones to greet my at the gate. She gets along well with the other hens. June is a great free ranger as well and loves to do so just like Basil. Juniper is just the slightest bit bigger than Basil, and her comb and wattles are a bit more dark pink and bigger than Basil's. Juniper is a very sweet and loving hen.

Petunia (sometimes called Pea): Petunia is around 9 months old, (I am not sure of her exact age). She is a beautiful Olive Egger hen. She has feathered feet and is a lavender color. She also has a pea comb. Petunia makes very cute and funny noises and can be quite talkative at times. She lays 4-5 eggs a week, tying with my BA hens for best egg layer in my flock. Petunia has a very sweet disposition and is quite curious.

Lila: Lila is Petunia's half sister. She also a 9 month old Olive Egger. Lila doen't look anything like Petunia though. Lila is black with silver lacing on her neck and chest. She does have a pea comb, but does not have feathered legs. She has not started laying yet, so she is taking her sweet time with getting started. She is very sweet just like her sister. Lila and Petunia are EXTREMELY close, they are practically inseparable. Lila is kind of curious but not as much as Petunia or the FBCM hens.

Penny: Penny is a 14-16 month old Welbar (barred rock x Welsummer) hen. Penny is pretty high on the pecking order and is a little bit more skittish. She is still friendly despite being skittish. Penny is a bit smaller of a hen but has a big personality. Penny also wants to know what you're up too. Before I got Penny she hatched out some chicks for her old owner, so maybe she will want to hatch some out for me. :)

Mable: Last but definetly not least, is Mable. She is a 14-16 month old Blue Sapphire Gem hen. Mable gets along very well with everyone and is lower on the pecking order. Mable is very friendly and will fall asleep in your arms. Like Penny, she is a bit on the smaller side, despite her love for food. Lol. Mable is a very gentle hen and wouldn't hurt a fly, she is absolutely adorable and makes such cute noises.

That is my flock, I hope y'all enjoyed!

:frow Good morning MJ, have a great day...

Just a warning, it can be a nail biting experience. Trust your girls. Also just note that you might hear peeping up to a day before they hatch. As soon as they internally pip, they start singing and once they externally pip they get louder.
Remember, I had peeping you could hear on the cameras a full day before they hatched.

Back
Top Bottom