MJ's little flock

Less than a week to go MJ. Hang in there!

Chooks to take your mind off it a bit.

The girls want to decimate the flower bed
View attachment 2965515

look at the iridescence in Peppers feathers!
View attachment 2965516
You're using puppy play pen panels to protect your plants! I've had a lot of success with keeping chickens on one side of puppy play pen panels. They make an cheap and effective barrier. That said, your chooks and mine are committed ground dwellers and don't fly very high or far.

They look gorgeous and like they're thriving. The sheen on Pepper is wonderful!

Wow! She looks wonderful 🤩!
It doesn't look from here that she has lost any of her body condition. Great job Peggy and MJ!!
Ohhh thank you for saying that Lexicon! I've been worried about her but I guess that day the mums feasted on chick starter kept them well topped up.

The weather forecasts for the likely hatch dates are

Sunday 29 50% chance of rain
Monday 29 40% chance of rain
Tuesday 28 30% chance of rain

That's in Celsius. From memory I'm guessing that's in the 70s Fahrenheit.

And usually a 50% chance of rain converts to "dry as an old dog's bone" where my house is

You're using puppy play pen panels to protect your plants! I've had a lot of success with keeping chickens on one side of puppy play pen panels. They make an cheap and effective barrier. That said, your chooks and mine are committed ground dwellers and don't fly very high or far.

They look gorgeous and like they're thriving. The sheen on Pepper is wonderful!
Mine just jump and perch on top of puppy play pens. The only work if I cover them over with chicken wire.

I've booked all of next week off.

Monday and Tuesday are wellness days.
Wednesday is a public holiday.
Thursday and Friday are rec leave.

When not watching chicks (or hiding in my bed because it all went wrong) I'll make a start on the new roost.
It won't go wrong. I have every confidence in Peggy & Ivy. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom