MJ's little flock

Wow, Peggy is up again. That's three times in 24 hours. Maybe she's getting a bit fed up with brooding? Good thing Ivy is there to take over.

IMG_2022-01-20-10-17-36-390~2.jpg

I've booked all of next week off.

Monday and Tuesday are wellness days.
Wednesday is a public holiday.
Thursday and Friday are rec leave.

When not watching chicks (or hiding in my bed because it all went wrong) I'll make a start on the new roost.
You are so going to love this! ❤

Wow, Peggy is up again. That's three times in 24 hours. Maybe she's getting a bit fed up with brooding? Good thing Ivy is there to take over.

View attachment 2966131
This is just Peggy taking advantage of Ivy in a new way. It's part of her being. 😆

As I have mentioned, Edwina and Pepper are broody so I have been locking them out of the coop for the last few days.

I happen to have a perch under the coop.
This is Pepper sulking
View attachment 2929828

"You may have locked me out but I am going to get as close to the nesting box as I can! So there!"
Love it!
Belle would do laps around the coop then jump up on top of the nest box 😂
I have a new prefab on its way, not huge but has double the room and double the nest boxes. Maybe next time she goes broody I’ll buy her some fertile eggs. She proved she was determined the first time.

Love it!
Belle would do laps around the coop then jump up on top of the nest box 😂
I have a new prefab on its way, not huge but has double the room and double the nest boxes. Maybe next time she goes broody I’ll buy her some fertile eggs. She proved she was determined the first time.
Don't get rid of your first coop. They come in very handy.

Back
Top Bottom