View attachment 2970401

I assume Peggy squashed it.
I'm so sorry MJ. That's so disappointing but these things happen. .:hugs
I hope Ivy manages the other egg/s well. :fl
Do you think you will be setting up a sleeping bag out there tonight? 🏕️

No I need more comfort than that. Ivy will be fine without Peggy to contend with

Well done Peggy and Ivy. Dead chicks are not uncommon. You should take it out of the nest today. Leave the shells until the pair leave the nest. Make sure chick feed and water are easy for the chick to get at. I'll catch up more when I don't have to do it on a mobile.
It died Shad. I believe Peggy trod on it.

Ivy sits on the one remaining fertile egg solo. It's due to hatch tomorrow.

Thank you ACM. I'm grateful for your kindness.

Thanks. Mary is lovely hen. Do you keep many chickens?
I am new to this and have been at it for only a few months. I currently have a young flock of 7 pullets ( 3 weeks old ) that are a variety of rare breeds.
I am setting up a second area in my yard this spring for 9 bantams that I currently have on order.
I like them as pets and of course the eggs. Learning as I go and enjoying the process.

I am new to this and have been at it for only a few months. I currently have a young flock of 7 pullets ( 3 weeks old ) that are a variety of rare breeds.
I am setting up a second area in my yard this spring for 9 bantams that I currently have on order.
I like them as pets and of course the eggs. Learning as I go and enjoying the process.
It's a wonderful hobby. I've had uncountable hours of joy working with the hens.

Do you have any photos of your pullets?

Back
Top Bottom