MJ's little flock

You cannot put a value high enough on such a good person. He will work from his heart, you can pay a carpenter but I'd his heart isn't in it the job doesn't always work well.

I paid a fortune for my coop too be made plus a fortune getting it right. It was missing perches guttering and the run door is a killer too get open and shut.
A nice enough guy and lovely coop, if only he had bothered too listen too what was needed for my situation and the situation of the ground.
He won't be doing any work.

I'm doing all the work except when more than two hands are needed.

But when I ask, he gives great advice. The other day he told me how to level a long rail without needing help: one screw in one end, sit the level on the rail near the other end, level the rail, put a screw in. Then go back to the first end and put the second screw in, then put the second screw in the other end. He's full of knowledge like that. I was thinking string lines when they're not needed and they're susceptible to error.

I locked her out this morning, watch this space. :pop

In other news, Penguin laid an egg! This was before I sprayed her with Cetrigen, how long am I not meant to eat the eggs for?
I don't think there is any egg withholding. Check the label to be sure but it's a topical spray. It should not get in the egg in any way.

It actually says “Do not use on poultry where the eggs are consumed. Seems a bit extreme, I’ve heard between two and four weeks.
I can't find anything on it. I question how any of it is getting in the eggs from the skin. That would be some absorption process.

My guess is they have never tested it for eggs and that is why they put that statement on the label knowing darn well people will use it without reading. They get past the testing requirements that way.

But that is only a guess.

She has. I locked her out of the old house this morning. The new one is open but she hasn’t commandeered the nest.
Fingers are crossed, mate!
I just got home from work and Snow was in a box as was Belle. Snow finished laying her egg then got up, looked at Belle and gave this loud honking caw at her.
2 mins later Belle exits and is now doing all her self care jobs, Snow following behind.
The honk was maybe a friendly reminder?
I’m glad because it’s hot, Snow was panting like a beast but Belle seemed to be having no trouble.

I can't find anything on it. I question how any of it is getting in the eggs from the skin. That would be some absorption process.

My guess is they have never tested it for eggs and that is why they put that statement on the label knowing darn well people will use it without reading. They get past the testing requirements that way.

But that is only a guess.
I see that you can't get Blu-kote spray. Apparently there is no witholding period for it but that doesn't help. Sorry.

I see that you can't get Blu-kote spray. Apparently there is no witholding period for it but that doesn't help. Sorry.
9C38C8B4-399C-4760-9E23-810BEF607063.png

Back
Top Bottom