MJ's little flock

Will you be on the panel or facing the panel?
On the panel. There are three of us facing a couple hundred CFOs.

Tax
20200808_194500_001.jpg

I forgot to mention the week's most important commitment. So I must've been lost in the weeds too.

A very dear mentor of mine has died and her funeral is Friday afternoon. With a very light touch, she guided the development of my teaching abilities and showed me the importance of keeping one eye on pedagogical developments, the other on what thinking students were bringing to class. Together we won a national teaching award for engaging students in transnational teamwork with real clients, something I remain very proud of.
:hugs :hugs So sorry, my friend.

On the panel. There are three of us facing a couple hundred CFOs.

Tax
View attachment 3223751
Will you have opportunity to run through with the others beforehand?

With an audience that big you won't capture them all. You don't need tips, but just in case here's my top tip for such an audience: Make sure someone familiar and encouraging is in the front row so you can easily pick up a smile every now and then.

I've got other tips but you've probably already heard them all.

With an audience that big you won't capture them all. You don't need tips, but just in case here's my top tip for such an audience: Make sure someone familiar and encouraging is in the front row so you can easily pick up a smile every now and then.

Yes, that's a good one, MJ. I always look for that one encouraging face in the crowd. It makes such a difference!

Totally agree MJ. I suffer badly from stage fright and regularly had to address audiences of up to 1,000.
Definitely getting the front row with some people who can at least pretend to be interested in what I was saying was a massive help.
As was getting a laugh early. Humor always relaxes me a bit.
So does a nip of whisky but I couldn’t possibly comment on whether I resorted to that.
Bob is an extrovert - he will have them eating out of his hands like Hattie with corn. I am very confident of this!

Kind of. It's more about creating awareness of the company and our "expertise" as an industry partner. So I must be seen as knowledgeable and steady. No big deal.
Please don't put expertise in quotes when you're talking to them, they'll hear it and wonder why you think it needs that emphasis.

Back
Top Bottom