MJ's little flock

A chicken of unknown breed landed on my car and wanted some of my lunch!

IMG_2022-10-20-12-32-19-034.jpg

Mary somehow fell off the roost last night and got herself wedged behind the leg of the sawhorse.

She started calling out for help and luckily her calls woke me up. It was around 2 am.

Out I rushed in my pjs thinking the worst and feeling very worried, and there she was. Jammed. But no longer feeling like she had to call for help.

So I moved Peggy then Ivy to the other roost, then pulled the sawhorse away from Mary, which took some doing as I'd made as immovable as possible when I put it in there.

At first she didn't realise she was free. So I got her onto my hand and lifted her up. That's when I noticed she had a big cobweb hanging from her beak, so I brushed that off before setting her down on the other roost.

This morning it's like nothing happened.

I thought for sure she'd be limping at least. But no, she appears to be absolutely fine.
I'm so glad you heard her and she is ok. Sometimes I wonder how they survive in the wild.

I'm so glad you heard her and she is ok. Sometimes I wonder how they survive in the wild.
She was lucky I'm a light sleeper. In the wild, she'd have been fox dinner.

I was dreaming and thought where's that chicken? Can't see it anywhere. There's a chicken around here somewhere. There it goes again *Awakens* THAT'S ONE OF THE HENS! SOUNDS LIKE MARY! And I was off and running.

Back
Top Bottom