MJ's little flock

The point comes out last. It's first in the oviduct but the egg is most often thought to turn around before coming out , although apparently there are some contradicting point of views.

Regular laying of wrinkled egg is also supposed to be associated with stress or IB. My hen Caramel used to lay eggs like this very often even when she was very young, I don't know if it has any correlation to her dying of EYP. If it's just once in a while and most of her eggs are normal I wouldn't worry for Christa.
I have seen proof of the egg rotating so it does happen. They can even get stuck while rotating, sometimes causing partial paralysis by impingement of a nerve.

However, studies have shown that not all hens rotate their eggs. So anecdotally there is evidence that seems to say eggs don't rotate. That is not true. It is just that not all hens rotate their eggs before laying.

Sooo… I may have tried implementing some noise-abatement measures this morning. :oops:

9D3DF23E-1CC8-40B6-915B-7F3BECDB8674.jpeg

I had three Tiger Grass plants in pots that weren’t going to get any bigger. I pulled them out, cut two in half and planted them in front of the run. They should get big and bushy like this:

5733EA27-C54D-43E5-842D-72066DE91224.jpeg

Preening party:

762B16D8-FAF5-4E7E-8E64-4ECA2D91F9F0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom