MJ's little flock

I... I don't know why I thought the hens would leave the straw in the new nests.

IMG_2023-05-23-16-42-16-878.jpg

IMG_2023-05-23-16-42-29-668.jpg

I'll put a few shovels of sand in there instead.

Last edited:
Hello, MJ and everyone. I’m popping in to say hi. Oh goodness, it seems I’ve lost track of all the new chicks and chickens this year. I’m so sorry. As for me, I haven’t gotten new chicks after all. The lady I wanted to buy them from seems unorganized and has been having trouble sexing them. I really cannot risk 50% roosters. I still may get some from alchemist farms, but I’m just not sure. We’re going to Canada in June and then to Ibiza , Spain in September. This might not be the year for new chicks.

Here’s some tax… I love all these arses in the air.
F5FD1204-8D08-4A6E-AAC4-A60DDBD7AE57.jpeg

I wonder if we are solving for the same one… I got lucky today and got it three.

Wordle 703 3/6

🟨🟨⬛🟩⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
3 is great!!

RC and I checked that Wordle and it gives different puzzles to different people, unlike the NYT Wordle which has one puzzle a day for everyone.

Joycey had her follow up a couple of hours ago. Christa went along for the ride and had her belly squeezed by Dr Mark who thought he might as well check her too as she was in the room. He didn't find anything suspicious and that's consistent with her behaviour, which is as rambunctious as ever.

I couldn't say Joyce was 100% back to normal, only 90%. When he squeezed her belly he said "yes, there's something in there." It would be a infected egg yolks. Anyway as surgery for eyp is not as easy as Mary's hernia surgery or Peggy's exploratory surgery that revealed her fractured liver, he gave her two injections: vitamins and antibiotics. To be repeated this Friday and Monday evenings, with the probiotics continuing at the same time. It's hoped this treatment will push her over the finish line.

Her next review appointment is Friday next week and if she's still not entirely well, we'll have a think about surgery.

Back
Top Bottom