MJ's little flock

I do have chook and cat backup to call upon when needed. My neighbours are very reliable people and we provide backup for each other.

The veranda demolition took way too long. Mainly because the demolition guy wasn't up to the challenge of working in the space created by the scaffolding. There are so few people willing to work on old houses, the engineer and architect had to change the plans around his capabilities :rolleyes:

But it's ready for the pour now.

View attachment 3722606
Please continue to share. I love seeing how this will come together. I'm sorry it took longer than expected.

Please continue to share. I love seeing how this will come together. I'm sorry it took longer than expected.
To be honest, there's not much point getting worried about the timeline. There are so many market pressures effecting progress, it's not really in anyone's hands.

The engineer visited yesterday and wrote a couple of minor requirements, then the termites guys did their spraying, then the builder came by for a chat. He's coming back today, with the concrete guys for the pour. The steel to reinforce the concrete is waiting in the front yard. There are three big sheets of steel mesh and several steel rods.

But I never know if the planned tasks are going to actually occur, so maybe the pour will be tomorrow. I don't know if the forms have been made yet, they weren't made here but maybe they were made elsewhere? So perhaps they'll make the forms today and pour tomorrow?

EIther way, I'll continue with my main task, which is daydreaming about the veranda furniture 🤣

To be honest, there's not much point getting worried about the timeline. There are so many market pressures effecting progress, it's not really in anyone's hands.

The engineer visited yesterday and wrote a couple of minor requirements, then the termites guys did their spraying, then the builder came by for a chat. He's coming back today, with the concrete guys for the pour. The steel to reinforce the concrete is waiting in the front yard. There are three big sheets of steel mesh and several steel rods.

But I never know if the planned tasks are going to actually occur, so maybe the pour will be tomorrow. I don't know if the forms have been made yet, they weren't made here but maybe they were made elsewhere? So perhaps they'll make the forms today and pour tomorrow?

EIther way, I'll continue with my main task, which is daydreaming about the veranda furniture 🤣
Everyone has their roll. It is important that you fill yours so the project is a success. 😆

Hello! Happy new year to you (sorry I missed your post). It's nice to see your name in the notifications, how are you?
I'm doing well and bob is getting better, but still not up to working or doing anything strenuous. His pneumonia keeps coming back, so another round of antibiotics is happening now. We will see what his pulmonary doctor has to say tomorrow.

Everyone has their roll. It is important that you fill yours so the project is a success. 😆
If I can't sit out on the veranda and sip tea or a cocktail, I'll feel like the rebuild failed somehow, so it does kind of matter. The structural improvements had to happen, but can't be felt or lived.

I'm doing well and bob is getting better, but still not up to working or doing anything strenuous. His pneumonia keeps coming back, so another round of antibiotics is happening now. We will see what his pulmonary doctor has to say tomorrow.
Give him my love and best wishes. I still follow his advice for chicken treats: scrambled egg and salmon. They love it!

Back
Top Bottom