MJ's little flock

I feel like cane is the right way to go for a 1920s house. Maybe pretzel style? Or maybe proper wicker?
You can't beat a nice wicker chair - and with your climate you could get away with the proper stuff not the plastic imitation.
You can also use it indoors because it is usually elegant enough for an indoor space. So exciting!

I'm doing well and bob is getting better, but still not up to working or doing anything strenuous. His pneumonia keeps coming back, so another round of antibiotics is happening now. We will see what his pulmonary doctor has to say tomorrow.
Give him best wishes and hugs from me...... Well, I am sure from all of us here.

Yesterday there was no progress at all that I'm aware of. Maybe the engineer's new requirements obliged everyone to work at their desks? Anyway, Alek the concrete guy and his mate arrived at 7am today and they've cracked on with extra digging and cutting, then they're going to make the forms and place the steel. If all goes well, the pour will happen Monday. Otherwise it'll be later.

You can't beat a nice wicker chair - and with your climate you could get away with the proper stuff not the plastic imitation.
You can also use it indoors because it is usually elegant enough for an indoor space. So exciting!
The whole project is exciting!! Once the veranda's finished, my next project will be moving the side fence back about a metre, I'm getting quotes for that job at the moment. Then the front fence and garden path. After that, the house will get a proper front garden, something it hasn't had for 40 years.

Yesterday, Katie gave her egg to Ivy, so I lifted Ivy off the nest at dinner to retrieve the egg and to give her a chance to eat some evening mash. As she began to come out of her trance, she started nest building, so cute! Then she spied Peggy coming over to say hi. Peggy was very polite but Ivy was overwhelmed and jumped up to run away.

Yesterday, Katie gave her egg to Ivy, so I lifted Ivy off the nest at dinner to retrieve the egg and to give her a chance to eat some evening mash. As she began to come out of her trance, she started nest building, so cute! Then she spied Peggy coming over to say hi. Peggy was very polite but Ivy was overwhelmed and jumped up to run away.

Goodness - Ivy is magnificent all fluffed up like that!
:love

The whole project is exciting!! Once the veranda's finished, my next project will be moving the side fence back about a metre, I'm getting quotes for that job at the moment. Then the front fence and garden path. After that, the house will get a proper front garden, something it hasn't had for 40 years.
I can't wait to see what your garden looks like!

My sweet darling Ivy. ♥ It's so nice to see her again.

Back
Top Bottom