MJ's little flock

I'd love to see a video of Mary walking so I could compare. Hattie definitely is having more trouble walking than Lilly did at the same age. Aurora is only ~6 months younger and is much better at walking.
I'll try for one this afternoon. She moves quite slowly in comparison to her friends.

She is a heavier hen, so maybe that's normal but I'm sure she's getting slower.

It looks like Hattie is beginning to find that first step down a bit difficult for her old bones. Poor girl.
Actually she was moving pretty good this morning. She has been worse. I am certain the warmer weather is really helping her.

I am thinking I need to modify the top of the ramp into a landing one step down That then leads to the ramp. That first step onto the ramp is difficult for young chickens as well.

Actually she was moving pretty good this morning. She has been worse. I am certain the warmer weather is really helping her.

I am thinking I need to modify the top of the ramp into a landing one step down That then leads to the ramp. That first step onto the ramp is difficult for young chickens as well.
Yes. It was only that first step. She was fine after that.
Of course you could always build her an elevator!

Back
Top Bottom