GET UP!!!!!

Anyone who was following the thread in the days when Lilly was queen know how apprehensive i was about the day Aurora took over the tribe. I thought she might become the greatest terror the world has ever seen and make everyone's life. I could not have been more wrong.

While she still has her rough edges, I truly believe she cares about the others. Today she spotted a large hawk again before the song birds. We have all seen how she does bed checks to make certain everyone is where they should be at bedtime.

Aurora will stand on the porch at dusk after everyone else has gone to bed and stand watch for a while. Tonight Éowyn was out late and entered the run. Aurora immediately started squawking at the top of her lungs until I came and got the cat out. Once I got the cat out, she then went into the main coop and roosted.

She is even concerned about her old nemesis Hattie.

I caught this on camera this morning. The coop doors had opened and everyone was in the run but Hattie. Watch how Aurora decides to remedy the situation.

I showed Dad one of the polish chicks and he had a genuine smile and was petting her. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen him truly smile.
Chickens will do that to people, especially Polish. 😁

Last edited:
GET UP!!!!!

Anyone who was following the thread in the days when Lilly was queen know how apprehensive i was about the day Aurora took over the tribe. I thought she might become the greatest terror the world has ever seen and make everyone's life. I could not have been more wrong.

While she still has her rough edges, I truly believe she cares about the others. Today she spotted a large hawk again before the song birds. We have all seen how she does bed checks to make certain everyone is where they should be at bedtime.

Aurora will stand on the porch at dusk after everyone else has gone to bed and stand watch for a while. Tonight Éowyn was out late and entered the run. Aurora immediately started squawking at the top of her lungs until I came and got the cat out. Once I got the cat out, she then went into the main coop and roosted.

I caught this on camera this morning. The coop doors had opened and everyone was in the run but Hattie. Watch how Aurora decides to remedy the situation.

Awlll, she really has turned into such a good Queen for the tribe.

I am freezing some eggs in ice cube trays, after beating 14 together I decided to add a little salt though I read that's only necessary if freezing just yolks. 14 eggs fit into 18 cubes in the trays.
View attachment 3771737

Today they wouldn't come out with twisting, they give a bit, so had to use hot water on the back. Although I was sparing with the hot water, it made them a little goopy on the outside, and more to clean with the trays, and bag I put them in goopy too. Suggestions?
View attachment 3771739
I could only dream of having enough excess eggs to be storing them already! 😍

And I would invest in silicone ice cube (or baby food) trays. Each bubble fully inverts so the eggs should just pop out while frozen.

SHRA tax:
BFTP Dottie, Fez, and Becky fresh from the farm store.
E2DD0F89-7835-4F35-A365-E01A79B14C1E.jpeg

GET UP!!!!!

Haha I like that you could see her stalking across the coop through the window.

She did spend quite a bit longer up there even once Hattie comes out. Was she looking to lay an egg?

Back
Top Bottom