MJ's little flock

Hattie response to my changes in the ramp.

She needs time to adjust.

If she continues to struggle after a couple of months, you could always attach it so it's level with the platform and maybe widen the ramp to accommodate her graceful proportions.

If she continues to struggle after a couple of months, you could always attach it so it's level with the platform and maybe widen the ramp to accommodate her graceful proportions.
I was thinking the same. Level with the platform and wider.
That way she doesn’t need to turn and descend at the same time.
I still feel an elevator would be great!

Last edited:
Hattie response to my changes in the ramp.

I would have moved the ramp so it attaches to the corner at the same height as the deck. She would have a straight walk along the deck and straight on to the ramp without having to make that sdways step downward which is what seems to be the problem.

I would have moved the ramp so it attaches to the corner at the same height as the deck. She would have a straight walk along the deck and straight on to the ramp without having to make that sdways step downward which is what seems to be the problem.
Good idea. But I don't have room to do that. I've reached the end of the available space at that end of the coop.

I'm going to try adding to the same level of the porch and bring the ramp down that way.

There is no room left to make it wider. It would interfere with the gate/door that separate the two coops.

Back
Top Bottom