MMH rarest of rare 2009

kipepeo

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
NC KS
I ordred a rarest of rare collection plus blue andalusians. It has been fun trying to figure out what I have and I think I am done. Down to the last 6 but will post a couple pics everyday to confirm that I am right with all of them.
IF I AM WRONG DO NOT TELL ME WHAT THEY ARE

I am bleary eyed from looking at pics on internet and in books

Silver Dorking back by request
32511_046.jpg

32511_057.jpg

Marans (these may be were I am wrong) These I think are my two free ones so when you order rare are your free ones rare too
32511_052.jpg

I think a Phoenix
32511_054.jpg

32511_049.jpg

32511_048.jpg

Buttercup
32511_047.jpg

Sumatra
32511_007.jpg

Buff Cochin
32511_092.jpg

Blue Andalusians
32511_058.jpg

More Pics

Silver Penciled Rock (thanks for helping figure out I was wrong)
32511_071.jpg

White Crested Black Polish (Tina Turner)
32511_034.jpg

White Laced Red Cornish
32511_074.jpg

Blue Cochin
32511_006.jpg

Patridge Cochin
32511_039.jpg

Black Lanshan
32511_044.jpg

Splash Andalusians The white ones
32511_019.jpg

Golden Polish (Rock Star)
32511_056.jpg

Last edited:
Does your dorking have the correct number of toes? If not, he may not be a dorking.
wink.png

Need to take another look at the Modern BB Red Games.

Marans - are you talking about all four birds in the photo or just the two barred ones? Marans have white skin, feet, & beaks.
wink.png

Phoenix - I'll agree with you on that one.
smile.png
Coloring is Silver.

Buttercup - I think you're right on that one too!

Sumatra - looks good!

Buff Cochin - yup!

Andalusians - I believe you're right.

Good luck!

Quote:
I have 4 total of them and I fairly sure they are the white laced red cornish which was on the list of possible ones I could get

Quote:
I have 4 total of them and I fairly sure they are the white laced red cornish which was on the list of possible ones I could get

You're right, Kipepeo. They are white laced red cornish. I've had some myself and hatchery stock WLR cornish look exactly like that.

RSL are single combed and not as tight feathered, folks. They have a whole different body shape.

Quote:
Awesome!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I'm with ya on that one now.
smile.png
If you can get to a poultry show and look at some real modern games, they look really alien.
lol.png
All legs, neck and big ole eyes.
lol.png

Quote:
Good call on the cornish!

For your barred birds, maybe they are Marans. I neglect to consider that hatchery marans are sometimes off color because they aren't selectively bred to standard. Generally, the other breed I was thinking of has much clearer barring even for production lines.

Back
Top Bottom