Mmm who loves young coconuts!

silkiechicken

Staff PhD
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 25, 2007
Everett WA/Corvallis OR
They are so good! Bought a case of 9 for just 8 bucks! Couldn't pass it up. Whack open the top, poke in a straw and enjoy. And as a final treat, get a spoon and dig out the mildly sweet jelly-like meat!

pic_coconut.jpg

I'd get a durian but they are so pricy. Mmmm....

I was lucky. Growing up in Key west we had several trees in our yard. I loved eating the jelly from the barely ripe ones. I also loved the milk. Dont much care for plain coconut though. Dont like the texture.

Love coconut.. I woulda bought that deal too. I never see them around here... well sometimes but they seem old.... not sure the milk would be good. where did you buy them at? I used to live on Guam and would just pick my own ... that was the best! That and starfruit!!!

PS Love coconut the dog too
wink.png

Quote:
Oh, YUM! Uh... my first thought, though, was "I bet chickens would really like that, too!"

Ummmm... Help me?
lau.gif

Why does someone need to help you? There is nothing wrong with chicken brain 24/7

Coconut . . . yum . . . but durian? We bought one because we thought people were exaggerating about the smell. Silly us. Thank goodness the nice lady at the asian market told us to cut it open outside, or we all would have suffocated. We had a ton of people over to try it, and the consensus on the taste description was sweat socks mixed with garlic. It's such a fascinating fruit, though, and I thought the seeds were so neat, like li'l smokies.

What I'm really craving right now is jicama . . . mmmm.

I think I'll stick with the food coconut. :p

Got the box at 99 ranch market. It looked like a fresh shipment as the husks were all still white and moist without mold or pink bacteria/fungus growing. The chickens tend to ignore coconut for some reason. Just not their flavor I guess.

Duran is one of those acquired taste things. Mmm soo good even though it is pretty stinky. LOL Not a party food for an American audience, that's for sure. Maybe it's the blue cheese of the fruit world. Mmmm blue cheese.

Back
Top Bottom