MMs free rare exotic chick!

Quote:
There is a 99.9% chance it won't be. I always opt out of the rare chick since those years I allowed it they always were males I had no use for--I like to breed a few from each flock and don't need exotic genes. On the other hand I've receive over several hundred chicks from MM over the last 25 years and only lost one (never had any dead in the box) and that includes broiler chicks. Excepting for the one that got killed by a hawk, the 46 I got from them last May are alive and well and laying--ok the one rooster isn't.

Quote:
There is a 99.9% chance it won't be. I always opt out of the rare chick since those years I allowed it they always were males I had no use for--I like to breed a few from each flock and don't need exotic genes. On the other hand I've receive over several hundred chicks from MM over the last 25 years and only lost one (never had any dead in the box) and that includes broiler chicks. Excepting for the one that got killed by a hawk, the 46 I got from them last May are alive and well and laying--ok the one rooster isn't.

That's very encouraging to hear. I may give them another try in the future. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
smile.png

We got a silver Lakenvelder roo, who is a mean, sneaky little blankety-blank. He's put me off Lakenvelders and any mostly white-colored breeds forever. If we order again, there will be no free exotic.

I ordered 25 chicks from them, mostly bantam cochins and silkies with a few EE pullets an a few sumatras. I got an extra EE pullet and I think my free one is a bantam RIR. They are only 4 weeks now so I'm not sure if its a roo or not. I had 2 die the day after I got them, they didn't look good when I got them, they were extra tiny. Customer service took care of it with no problems and asked if the others looked healthy. All the rest are thriving!
I also recieved my order Monday morning, but they were shipped Sat. AM, not Friday. Priority mail is within 3 days, so depending on where you live compared to them is when they ship. Normal shipping to me is 2 days so they didn't sit at the post office Sunday while it was closed, they JUST came in Monday morning!

I ordered 25 from mm 3 yrs ago. My exotic was the sweetest little mottled cochin roo. We absolutely loved him. We only recv'd 4-5 roos, including him, but we had to put him down last year, had something that caused him to walk sideways. Tried to dr him for about 3 months, but it only got worse. We only lost 1 of our chicks about 3 days after receiving them. We still have 8 of them left and a few of them are still laying. They all arrived happy and healthy. I have an order in to arrive 3rd week of may. Looking forward to getting them!!

Last edited:
Hey all. I just received my order from McMurray last week, and everyone is doing great. I think the free rare chick we got is a silver spangled hamburg. Here it is:
86165_2011-04-30_08-53-39_112.jpg

Hopefully a girl, but probably not. So what are your opinions? Do I have a little SSH?

Back
Top Bottom