MN - Twin Cities central - BYC meet and greet potluck & swap 01/17/09

spookyevilone

Crazy Quail Lady
14 Years
Oct 5, 2008
Minneapolis
Ok, so.. the response to this thread has firmed the plans. I'll be hosting a potluck meet & greet with a side of chicken/bird swap. I live in Columbia Heights, right off 694/Central/University and am easy to find. RSVP in this thread if interested. Will PM people who RSVP on this thread with my address/phone.

Date:
01/17/2009

Time:
Noon - 3pm? Time enough for people to be driving during daylight hours. 3pm is not a firm end time, we can pretty much go until people want to leave or midnight, whichever happens first
tongue.png

IF YOU ARE BRINGING BIRDS TO SELL/SWAP:
Please post in this thread what you're bringing or what you're looking for and any other pertinent details, and bring all birds directly into the basement via the cellar stairs at the back of the house. You might want to bring a towel or blanket to cover the bird cage - the basement stays about 55-60F all year round. I'll have a space heater, but.. it's a concrete basement.

Things to note:

For biosecurity reasons, any birds to be swapped must be kept in the basement area. Event will happen in entire house, but I anticipate the majority of 'hanging out' will be in the living room and basement.

I have cats. They'll be banished to the library for the event, but if you're allergic, please bring your meds.

My birds are in cages in my living room. If you're allergic to feathers, birds, or sawdust, please bring your meds.

Children are welcome, however, the house isn't remotely toddler-proof.

No smoking in the house, as I'm allergic. Outside is fine.

It is potluck. Please plan to bring a dish that feeds at least 10, and if people could PM me with what they're planning to bring, that'd help me coordinate.

I'm a vegetarian, but I don't mind if you bring or eat meat. Just please plan to take leftovers home with you if they're meat.
smile.png

Menu thus far:

Vegetarian lasagna
Sundried tomato/roasted garlic bites
Deviled eggs
Cookies
Soup
Bread
Veggie tray & dip
Cake
Chicken/Almond salad
Cheese and crackers
Lemon bars

If you're looking for ideas on what to bring, a few cases of soda pop or other non-alcoholic beverages would be good. If someone has a big coffee pot, we could do hot water for cocoa/coffee/tea. Deli trays and buns never go amiss.

People who've RSVP'd thus far:

Spookyevilone (duh)
Run-A-Muck Ranch (maybe)
WiseChicks
lalaland
AllChookUp
CityChook
lilshadow
Chickenaddict
sandyj
JanieMarie
tackyrama
motorboy
quince_homestead
eaganchickens + mom
Fred

+4 children thus far

BuffHooligans in spirit
wink.png

I'm very excited to meet all of you!!
big_smile.png

-Spooky

Last edited:
I'm not from MN, but WI....and your really not that far from me....
Where are you talking about meeting at????

I might possibly be interested in a meet up....Kinda all depends on hubby's up coming deployment (departure date), and the weather.....

Should be a fun time though.....

Shawna

I was thinking of having it just at my house, maybe do a potluck or something. Or else there are a ton of restaurants around here.

-Spooky

I am interested. Sorry, I was offline all day ice-fishing.
roll.png

I'll check my calendar. Would love to get together with the MN (and WI) chickenherders...

Thanks for the heads-up on this, WiseChicks!

Back
Top Bottom