Mo

sharon53

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 14, 2010
Hi everyone,
I'm new here & just wanted to introduce myself. I have an indoor chicken named Mo. She's mostly blind & lives in the house all the time. She gets out of her cage when we're home from work. She doesn't wander around too much because of her blindness, but I'm hoping that will change as she becomes more comfortable with the house. She's been inside for four weeks now and is enjoying having her own food & water. And I know she's happy not being picked on by the other chickens. I'm fairly certain a couple of the other hens caused her blindness.
Does anyone have any thoughts for enriching her life? She's six years old now. Most important, I love her so much.

Last edited:
Welcome to byc. I know there are other members on here that have blind chickens as well as other members who keep house chickens. And 6 years old! That's great! :DThanks for sharing your story!

There's a thread called 'people with house chickens'. Search for it and it should pop up. Lots of information on there and lovely people who will share their ideas. I'm glad Mo has such good people looking after her.

Back
Top Bottom