Model 846 Brower galvanized metal incubator. **Pictures**

Wafers don't last forever and yours might be due for a replacement, but if the wafer is working properly these are pretty easy to regulate. Turn the screw on the top clockwise to lower the temp and counterclockwise to raise the temp. Snug down the wing nut and allow the thermostat to cycle a few times and stabilize the temperature to see if further adjustment is needed.
PM me with your email address and I'll send you a copy of the instructions.
db

Would anyone know where to get a wafer that will fit one of these. i have one and it fllucuates way to much guessing wafter is bad. i will get it stabe 99 to 101. then wake up to it being 108 or higher :( not been a good deal thank i killed all my chick's befor they got a chance to make it. i know run it befor putting egg's butt i was given the incabator and eggs at same time and told it was set and ready.

I borrowed one of these but temp got up to 120 and the meeting unit is as high up as it will go. How. An I lower the temp?

I have a question about this very model of incubator. Its okay for things to cool down when you are adding water or checking the tempature inside.You have to lift the top off....right? how long can you leave it off before to long is to long?
hu.gif
Just asking

The hen takes a break to take care of business and leaves the nest for a while. The mass of the eggs retains their own heat, so the amount of open time it takes to turn the eggs or add water isn't an issue.
I once got distracted and came home from work to find I had left the top off the incubator all day. Still had a good hatch, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I have a metal incubator similar to the one you posted. It works. Are you interested in buying mine?

terry
770-377-7424

I was thrilled to just get 2 of these for $25. One doesn't seem to work and I can't get a steady temp in the other, but I also don't have any instructions or parts list right now. Still waiting to see if the original owner can find instructions and extra parts for the one that heats. I did find I can get some parts online from sears parts direct, but hope to get a list before then. I love the fact that they were actually manufactured right here in my town. I've had several people tell me that they remember their parents taking them down to the factory when picking up items :)

Hello,
I know this blog is old but if you are still available to send instructions on this incubator I would greatly appreciate it. I'm wanting to hatch geese eggs with this incubator that I just got but don't really know how it works.

Back
Top Bottom