1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

moderators....

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by cjeanean, Apr 25, 2008.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    do you think it would be a good idea to have a list of all the moderators that show their online status??? There was an issue last night and it took forever to find the moderator, and I was just wondering if there's like a link to click on that shows which ones are online. I know sometimes there's a gap and no one will be online, but I think it might be helpful if such a thing were created (if it already exists please tell me where it is!!!) just in case a mod is needed.....thanks!!!

Christina

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    You can go to the user list (above second from the left, between "Index" and "Rules")

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/userlist.php

Then in the second field from the left after "user" you will see the drop down menu labelled "user Group"

There you will have 4 choices. Choose "Moderators"
    and see who is a mod here. Then you can go to the bottom of the main forum page and see if one of us is online.

If we are not online, what you need to do is copy and paste the offensive chat and put it in an email and send it to one of us. It will be taken care of.

3. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    AHA!!!!! I wondering where that list was that I KNEW I had seen!!! I remembered seeing a big list of everyone who was online, and I could not figure out where the heck it was!!!! Thanks, sorry to bother everyone!

4. ridgefire

ridgefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    I dont know if it can be done with this software but on a different board. The moderaters and admin show up as a different color when you look at the on line list.

5. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Whoa, I'm curious what the problem was.
    I've never seen anyone be anything but courteous here

Susan

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Quote:That would be cool, but unfortunately this software doesn't do that. Maybe in a future version!

7. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    There is also the option of hitting the "report" button and any mod online will immediately know there is a problem on the forum. That way you don't have to search for one of us through the list.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by