Modern game bantams...

Pics
I know this is the bantam thread but anyone know were to get some lf modern games. I know mccmurrys has them but I havent seen any pics of birds that came from there. Any help would be appreciated. Hes my mgb roo so I stay on topic

I have some in the incubator and and 4 under a broody. Actually, two broodies. lol They are sharing the nest.
Same for me! That's the only reason I would be able to fit almost a dozen eggs under my moderns.
big_smile.png
What colors are you expecting?

Okay, was just looking and there are crele modern games! Now I want some of those.
droolin.gif
I looked a picture up and the roos are just gorgeous!

Large Fowl Moderns are getting more popular with the most popular being the BB Red and Red Pyle. There are some people working on Birchen and Brown red. You will have to get in the exhibition areas of the internet to find them but they are fairly common.

As far as Crele Moderns, they are pretty rare in the US. There are a few in Oklahoma. Mostly the pictures you see of them are from Germany, Australia and maybe Britain.

As far as Crele Moderns, they are pretty rare in the US. There are a few in Oklahoma. Mostly the pictures you see of them are from Germany, Australia and maybe Britain.
Do you know of any breeders? I would love to get into contact with them.
Large Fowl Moderns are getting more popular with the most popular being the BB Red and Red Pyle. There are some people working on Birchen and Brown red. You will have to get in the exhibition areas of the internet to find them but they are fairly common.
Modern Game LF are listed as Critical on the Livestock Conservancy. I have only seen a few, but they are gorgeous.

C'mon, guys! We gotta keep this thread going!
thumbsup.gif

4 eggs hatched. 3 are black, one is what I believe is a lemon-blue.
I had to split the two broodies due to fighting and theft of chicks.
roll.png

I have also been reading some of the articles on the MGBC website. http://www.mgbca.org/Articles_Resources/default.html
Super interesting, although I would like to expand on chicken genetics.
One topic that was interesting was the debate on black tops and mulberry faces vs. light tops and light faces on brown-reds, I believe? Which one would judges prefer? My girls fall in the black top category...

Back
Top Bottom