Modern Game Bantams

GotGame

Songster
9 Years
Jul 13, 2010
NE of OKC
I cant believe there arent more people out there breeding modern game bantams, they have the best personalities of any chickens i have had here. I am currently lookin for some recessive white moderns, anyone know where some can be found?

Why do you want those tall leggy things when you have all those nice old English? Just kidding thought I'd give you a bump.

Quote:
lol, those tall leggy things have a lot better tamer attitudes than most of my old english...

Last edited:
Ya they have a good temperament, but the attitude is part of what I like about my old English. I got one little cock bird that bites me on the forearm every time I pick him up. Plus with those spangled you have you don't need any thing else.

Quote:
ya, I have about decided that, I have birchen and brown red moderns, I have a pair of white tailed buff moderns with blue legs, I was gonna try to fix that leg color, but nah....my moderns are just for fun, just a couple quads cause they have good attitudes. When I mean good attitudes, I mean they arent flighty like a lot of old english...

Quote:
What has me real excited is I have a real nice small blue spangled splash pullet I am gonna put under that new spangled cockbird, hopin I can get some real nice blue spangles out of that...

well with him they should have just about perfect type I was lookin at that picture and he's a stud especially for how old he is. You should hatch as many out of him as you can. What are you planing to do with the whites? just raise whites or cross them on something? Honestly I can't remember seeing a Nice white modern out this way. Mostly just birchens and brown reds. I've got a nephew who has some nice birchens over in Ca I'll check and see if he knows anyone with some whites, but I doubt it. I thought you had red plyes here kinda recessive white.

Quote:
I am gonna pull all my spangle hens out of their breeder pens next week, and after the 10 days, gonna put all of them under that spangled cockbird through august probably...I was gonna use the white moderns to correct the leg color in the white tailed buffs, but they would have to be recessive, and it would take a while, so Im not even gonna mess with it. Red pyles have dominant white, pyles are basically BB Reds that have had dominant white bred into them, as white will cover pretty much anything except for red, so make the black on a BB white, and there is your red pyle...

If you breed a Modern to a Japanese do you get normal legs?
lol.png

Ya my bad I was thinking red pyle was bb over recessive white not dominate. Are white tail buff moderns recognized?

Back
Top Bottom