Modern Games Colors

miss heny

BYC Cryptid
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 30, 2010
Louisville, Mississippi
After seeing a Modern Game Bantam at state fair poultry show (first in thirty years :weee ) I have truthfully found the last breed I want to work on. But I would like to know my color options, I was told they can come in almost any color OEG can... So are there any Crele, Lavender, Chocolate or Milli Fluer (SP) out there for them? I am looking for either a couple pairs or a breeding trio of SQ bantams :D

ABA recognized in barred, birchen, black, BBR, blue, blue red, brown red, crele, cuckoo, ginger red, golden duckwing, ginger red, lemon blue, red pyle, self-blue, silver blue, silver duckwing, wheaten and white.

I know a lady working on chocolates/khaki, but it is not recognized.

Yeah, I never liked Modern's much by the photo (kind of odd I guess considering I like OEG and Oriental gamefowl). But the little rooster at the fair was a nice bird, made my father and I think about getting the large fowl but I think I'll just stick to my Kraienköppe and (maybe) Shamo.

God bless,
Daniel.

Yeah, I never liked Modern's much by the photo (kind of odd I guess considering I like OEG and Oriental gamefowl). But the little rooster at the fair was a nice bird, made my father and I think about getting the large fowl but I think I'll just stick to my Kraienköppe and (maybe) Shamo.

God bless,
Daniel. 
LOL yea. I saw your OEGBs and they were awesome.

Whoops how you typed that I thought you said you were thinking to get some XD sorry. Indeed she was! But I'm a sucker for Crele. Your hen Btw was lovely, pitty on how aggressive they can be to each other :/

Whoops how you typed that I thought you said you were thinking to get some XD sorry. Indeed she was! But I'm a sucker for Crele. Your hen Btw was lovely, pitty on how aggressive they can be to each other
hmm.png
The aggressiveness really isn't that bad once you get used to it and understand it (the biggest difficulty is in having space for numerous pens to hold individuals/pairs). Some strains aren't quite as bad, just takes research. The Jim Zook line comes and goes, I've had some that weren't very aggressive and some are (goes for both cocks and hens). And thank you :). I wanted to bring the Shamo rooster, and maybe even a Malay bantam cock I have. But they haven't come in from their molt yet.

God bless,
Daniel.

The aggressiveness really isn't that bad once you get used to it and understand it (the biggest difficulty is in having space for numerous pens to hold individuals/pairs). Some strains aren't quite as bad, just takes research. The Jim Zook line comes and goes, I've had some that weren't very aggressive and some are (goes for both cocks and hens). And thank you :). I wanted to bring the Shamo rooster, and maybe even a Malay bantam cock  I have. But they haven't come in from their molt yet.

God bless,
Daniel. 
Ilike their look but mom has finally say on birds I buy, and she doesn't like the way they look :/ yea some of our laying mutt hens are in molt, and sadly we didn't have the cages for showgirl..that would of been funny to bring her up.

Research indeed! Hence why I oove this website so much :D

Back
Top Bottom