Mods, PLEASE LOCK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had several turkey vultures in our yard on the weekend. My 7 year old girl came in and asked if they could carry off children. My wife told her "only if you're already dead" and my girl said "oh" and went back outside ...
tongue.png

Not sure which of those two is stranger some days.

Buzzards like to roost in dead trees! I have an old dead pine in my front yard that the buzzards like to sit in ever so often. No need to let it sturr up fear in your heart! They are just big ugly birds that eat dead things and like sitting in dead trees! Don't mean nothin'!
big_smile.png

Around here they sit in huge dead trees and wait on up-drafts to play in...They float, circle, drop, for hours--nothing dead that we can tell.... It amazing how ugly they are and how graceful they are on wing... No bad omen---just Mother Nature...

They just liked your tree. I have a dead tree in the edge of my woods that overlooks a pasture and a pond. They are always roosting in it, usually late evening. A couple of weeks ago they were walking around in the pasture with the horses. I think they stay around here, they always have water available from the pond and usually always something on the roads that are less than a mile from my house.

When my Mother was dieing of cancer we promised her we would take her ouside everyday,this was in the summer. One day towards the end she was laying in the chair out side and saw the buzzards over head and in her smart a@@ way said I know they aren't looking for me cuz I don't stink yet !!!!!!!!
ep.gif
4 days later she was gone
Theresa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom