molting for over a month?

Quote:
Are you sure no one is picking at her when they roost at night? I had this happen with one of mine...and it was another chicken picking her poor feathers. We ended up getting rid of the bully (she was also eating eggs) and now my other one looks fabulous! I was hoping it was a molt but it wasn't
hmm.png
Also, I've always heard that they shouldn't have bare spots when molting...?

No she's definately not getting picked on....the other 2 mother her during the day when they are outside.....if she goes out of their site they look for her and when they find her they do like an excited chatter and all start scratting the floor together (like chicken ballet lol)

Yes, they're awefully funny! My two would pal around all the time, they were inseperable. It was very sad when we had to cull the picker (Hilda), Rosie was so sad that she wouldn't leave the coop for a few days. She went into a molt and stopped laying 1 day later! She hasn't laid since in fact (1 month later) but she looks like a million bucks! It was a very co-dependant relationship...they were very disfunctional:rolleyes:

On another note, I did read that molting article again and it did say that if a bird is a fast molter (ie. good layer too!) they might have some bald spots...maybe that's your issue! Hopefully....
smile.png
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom