Molting…Again?! Help Please

I have 11 girls. 1/2 of them molted in Spring and the others are 1/2 way through their molt. Winter feeding: I mix warm, moist starter pellets (they range 22-28% protein in their layer pellets with scratch grains.

I learned to give small portions at snack times.. No more than 2 TBSP per chicken per. day.

Snacks: scrambled eggs, cooked oatmeal, squash, berries, cabbage, lettuce.
I do a very similar thing except I admit my treats are probably more than two tbsp.

Do not worry about Hazel being cold. She will be fine. If you make sure she's eating quality calories to provide body heat, she won't get cold. At night, she will huddle closely to her pals and get heated that way, too.
That’s my big concern! Thank you! She only sleeps with one other girl but they do cuddle closely! She just seems so unlike herself, can’t wait for this molt to be over! 🥰

I have 11 girls. 1/2 of them molted in Spring and the others are 1/2 way through their molt. Winter feeding: I mix warm, moist starter pellets (they range 22-28% protein in their layer pellets with scratch grains.

I learned to give small portions at snack times.. No more than 2 TBSP per chicken per. day.

Snacks: scrambled eggs, cooked oatmeal, squash, berries, cabbage, lettuce.
I feed 20%, plus 22% meat bird over the winter just in case anyone needs the extra.

I don't use layer, only oyster shells in a separate feeder.

I feed 20%, plus 22% meat bird over the winter just in case anyone needs the extra.

I

I didn’t know about meat bird.. that’s a good idea! I’ll increase protein with feed asap. I’ll get some tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom