Moltted Java Roo??

He sounds like he was very sweet! I’m glad he got to go to a good home with his own girls!

Mine is not sweet and cuddly at all! She is a kicker and a screamer actually.😂 She was pretty sweet as a baby though, and she isn’t mature yet, so we’ll see. I’ll have to get a picture tomorrow! I don’t have any recent ones. Most recent picture I have is from a month and a half ago-
View attachment 2941655
Aw she's a cutie. I guess every individual is different!

Its hard to get good pictures of moving lil guys.
Looks like a maturing hen to me, I think. I can't quite tell if I see saddles, but I'm gonna say hen for now. Not that good at guessing so we'll see what the experts say. :D

He's probably a boy but slow developing? But hang out for a bit to determine for sure.

Has he crowed yet?

My Mottled Java roo (who I loved and adored and was the biggest cuddle bug - but I had to rehome because I can't have roos where I live :( - that's him on my head in my profile pic! )started crowing at about 9 weeks. And here is a pic of him at 15 weeks. Around the same age as yours I think. You can see how much more developed he is (saddle and sickle feathers, large red comb and wattles) than yours. That's why I say maybe yours is not a guy? Either case, I hope you can keep him. They are lovely!
He has not crowed yet, and he is super lovely always running up to me. And don't worry about me being able to keep it if he is a boy because I live in the country. I don't rehime my roosters if I have too many, I just get more girls. So I have no problem with males. I just would like to be able to search for some girls to go for this pretty boy.(if he's a boy)

He started out so small with pasty butt and couldn't keep up with his 2 sisters (different breeds) in his physical development and agility 😄 then out of nowhere at about 7 weeks his mini waddle started turning red. Broke my heart. I took about 6 weeks but found him a great home with his own flock of like 15 hens and free ranging in the backyard all day.
Would love to see a pic of your gal! I'd like a Mottled Java hen one day. Are they sweet and cuddly?
I got some today!

Squashy-
62DA5EB5-AE81-4A58-87DF-2F278CE7837C.jpeg
93C01576-81C5-48C3-8CB3-6698043A97E5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom