Monster Chick

cottagechick

Songster
8 Years
Jul 11, 2011
Cottage Grove, Oregon
I have an Easter Egger chick that I am considering naming Zilla...(short for Chickzilla) I understand she is going to be larger than her banty sisters, but she is also at least twice the size of her Red Star sister. They were all hatched 08/29. When I look at her next to the other chicks I keep seeing the image from that movie with the 20 story tall woman towering over all of the regular sized people... Maybe I am just paranoid because I wasn't expecting to keep any lf birds...but shouldn't she be closer to the size of the Red Star? I will post a picture later...but just how big to EEs get?

Last edited:
AAAAHHHHHHHHH! Chickzilla! ruuuuun! You could make a great youtube video with that.
big_smile.png

The sky's the limit.
lol.png

Here's a pic of a thirteen and a half week old cockeral; an Ameraucana, CornishxRock broiler cross, with adult EE and Ameraucana behind him. Unfortunately I lost him and all of his siblings in a blackfly plague. I've got some CX approaching breeding again and hope to start over this fall.

44349_chickens_083.jpg

Techincally, like Steve showed, EE's can get just about any size. . . . But hatchery based EE's, the biggest LF male I've known was 9 lbs. The biggest LF hen I've known was 7 lbs.

Quote:
Wow! I was planning on having 1-2 pound bantys when I realized I was keeping the EE I figured 4-5 pounds max....7 POUNDS??? I totally believe that this is girl is going to be as huge as she can just to spite me...lol...This should be interesting. At least it should be interesting to watch her running around with six little bantys.

Back
Top Bottom