Month old chick won't eat or drink and throwing up all fluid

Cockadoodledoo28

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2018
I have 11 chicks about 4-6 weeks old, one last night was on its back. We thought she was dead but she wasn't, after research we believe she has wry neck. She tucks her head under her body and walks backwards continually. She hasn't eaten anything because it seems like she doesn't have control of her motor skills. She drinks water like she's thirsty and then throws it all up. We have put vitamin E in the water per another article for the wry neck and she pukes it up. I feel like she might not make it through the night as she is very weak. Please help.

She just pooped a green color but it is very watery, we have been hand watering and feeding her. She will only eat her food if it is soaked in water and mush consistency and she is eating very little now...better than nothing. I am wondering if we should put her down or not...any advice?

She just pooped a green color but it is very watery, we have been hand watering and feeding her. She will only eat her food if it is soaked in water and mush consistency and she is eating very little now...better than nothing. I am wondering if we should put her down or not...any advice?

Green poop means they are dehydrated or starved. Is she/he quarantined? I saw a similar post but the chickens were grown. They never found out what was wrong but it spread to the other chickens badly. I see that you are a very caring person to your chickens and I’m very sorry.

Back
Top Bottom