MONTHLY Swap meet JACKSONVILLE, FLA-----INFO HERE!

Thank you everyone for your support on this. I did mention to him that I thought it was someone from Craigslist as I didn't think anyone in our group would be that.

Featherbaby, I think so too, we should all let them know that we are grateful and appreciate their support.

I think I might make a little note or something to give out to all the vendors this Sunday to let them know the common courtesy and accepted rules, etc. So if you get one, don't be offended.

Math Ace--the only problem with that is having someone do it. While I started the event, I don't have time to stay there all day, nor can I take on the extra commitment.

I would love to get everyone to pitch in and I'll order some signs to post in the median.

I wont be able to make it this month, but I'm looking forward to going in August. I concur with what everyone has stated. I purchased some nutri drench when I was there last month and thanked the young lady for being open on Sunday...she said she was there for everyone and was grateful for our business. I didnt know they had a restroom neither. Since Shared Acres originally set this swap meet up in the first place, we as BYC'ers knew the rules...I have reason to believe it's non BYC'ers who are complaining about those issues. The flyer idea is a good one and flyers could be passed out to each vendor and anyone else who shows up for that matter, word will eventually spread by mouth. Wording on the flyers will have to be simple and tactful as well as non offensive(that leaves me out.) lolol. See yall next month. Jim.

Last edited:
I always set up a BYC table at all of the swaps I attend and I will make sure there are some flyers at the table too.

PU!!!!! who wants a porta pottie???? Mcdonalds is right down the road
big_smile.png

I love this swap it would be such ashame to see it gone
sad.png

No kidding, if you have a problem with a normal bathroom, porta potties are just nasty. And then everyone who comes out you know has DIRTY hands! Yuck!

Last edited:
BTW,

I am looking for:
show quality blue silkie roo (prefer a little younger so he can grow up a little with my splash roo and not already be fighting each other!)
Buff Silkie hens or showgirls, chicks ok.

I have for sale/trade: PLEASE NOTE: I will not be bringing anything unless requested!
WHITE silkie roo, gorgeous, has done well at shows. (See pic below his name is Gainesville)
Debating about selling my splash roo, who also does well at shows (pic below, named Bobby)
Black silkie, aprx. 4 months old, not sure if boy or girl off hand.
Partridge silkie (gold around neck, rest of body mostly black), aprx. 4 months old, not sure if boy or girl off hand.
Blue Silkie Showgirl rooster, about 6 months old, JUST started crowing and trying to breed. Gorgeous light color.

Assorted Silkie & Showgirl chicks, including a buff splash (mostly buff color with a little bit of splash markings) showgirl with an extra toe on each foot.

Gainesville
Gainesville3100952LRCW.jpg

Bobby
Nov309ChickensBobby5181bleachLRCW.jpg

Some of my past chicks and some of my adults I currently have:
April23Chickens4858LRCW.jpg

ShowgirlsMay24090331LRlogo.jpg

ShowgirlsMay24090359LRlogo.jpg

Sunshine3100996LRCW.jpg

Nov309ChickensLucy5196bleachLRCW.jpg

Hi shared acres, can u bring your showgirl chicks!!!!
big_smile.png
can u tell won there chicks if they'll turn out to be bowtied or neckedneck??? i really want a bowtied one!!!
big_smile.png

Oh gosh those silkies are sooo gorgeous!! I love Gainesville
love.gif

I didn't know they (Bent Creek) had a bathroom either lol. I've only been to a few swaps though. I got some bunnies the first time and baby muscovies the second time. I was gonna go tomorrow and look for some buff orps for a project I'm doing, but dh brought me home some little buff cuties yesterday
smile.png
I might still go, but I don't really need anything.....haha like that's ever stopped me
wink.png

I like the fact that the Bent Creek is open on Sunday even if it is once a month. It seems like I always run out of feed or something on the weekend. The feed store here is always closed on Sunday and I hate to go way over to TSC which is the only place I know that is open on the weekend.

Flagardengirl.....if you're coming to the swap, I'd love to meet you. I 'm the gardening nut that loves datura, brugmansia, passifloras, and cerus. I'd love some rooted cuttings of your datura/brugs later on when the weather is cooler. Do you have a dutchman's pipe right now? I could bring you one, but you have to let me know today so I can pot it up. You'll love this swap. There are so many different people with lots of different breeds to sell. The Bent Creek folks are so nice, it's always enjoyable even if it is hotter than blue blazes. That's why most people come early (9 am) and leave early (12-1 pm) to beat the heat. There is always someone selling hotdogs and drinks for about $2 (for both!) if you're hungry. Hope to see you there. I should be there about 10:30 after Church services are over.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom