More candling. . .

cici_p

Songster
10 Years
Feb 27, 2009
Is there a theme going on around here, or what??!
Ok I tried candling again (did this yesterday too). The eggs are on days 7 and 8 respectfully (two different batches).
I saw lots of veining and embryos, so that is good!!!! Esp since yesterday I could only tell development in a couple. Today I only saw a couple that seemed to be "clear."
Except now one more question.
The eggs that are further along look like they have an extra air sac??????? There is a line at the top for the air sac like there should be, but also a large line at the bottom (by bottom I mean small end). Then it is like the middle is filled in (dark) and the two ends are light. Is this normal????????? I am really worried that something is wrong. Although many of them are like this. Are they losing way too much moisture?? Or is this the embryo starting to fill in the egg?? Please help!
Thanks!

I'm hatching duck eggs so they are a few days behind chicken eggs in development, but here is a video I took yesterday on Day 9.

I have tons of pitures to add (hopefully Tuesday). I took pictures of the infertile, blood ring, and developing embryos. Some of my eggs look like yours too.

Quote:
sounds like a detached air cell. Nothing you can do about it. It was most likely caused during shipping. Just let them incubate and sometimes they will hatch. If they do die they you will be able to tell later when candling.

With mine the middle was dark and veiny, and the top and bottom were lighter, with the big end being clear at the very top, where the air sac was.

This is the only candling picture I have but it's from day 14, so the embryo has begun to fill the bottom (pointy end), but you can clearly see the airsac at the round end.

24137_img_3770.jpg

Not sure this helps, But I hope it does!

Basically the middle should be dark, and above and below the embryo ahould be lighter, and the top of the round end should be clear, where the air sac is.

Hmm, I don't think it is a detached air sac, because I can still see the one at the top. . .?
I looked at a lot of the pictures on the youtube sight (thanks lilducky!) and some of them do look like my eggs. Dark in the middle and light at the top and the bottom. So maybe it is just the embryo starting to fill the shell? Is this possible at day eight. I really hope everything is okay!!

Back
Top Bottom