Some air sacs are good, some too small…help

HuskerChickMom

Songster
7 Years
Apr 3, 2017
I am hatching bantam eggs for the first time. I’ve always hatched layers before so I’m not sure if it makes a difference. To me it looks like about half of the air sacs are developing regularly (slightly up the side of egg on day 15) and the other half are still just a circle at the bottom. Is there anything I can do? All chicks are alive and moving when I candled.

I keep humidity around 45-50% until lockdown, then 65-70%.

It's odd yours are varying size from egg to egg as they all should be relatively similar. If they're all viable, I guess I wouldn't worry. You don't have long to wait!

I keep humidity around 45-50% until lockdown, then 65-70%.

It's odd yours are varying size from egg to egg as they all should be relatively similar. If they're all viable, I guess I wouldn't worry. You don't have long to wait!
I’ve had the humidity at 50% the whole time. I thought it was weird to have some that looked good and some that were still a little small. They are different breeds so maybe that makes a difference. The smaller ones were mille fluer eggs and the other ones are salmon favorelle bantams. They are all spread out in the incubator so I don’t think it’s because of a cold spot or anything. Just a little worried because these will be my sons 4H chickens and he really wants a good hatch. Thank you for your reply!

Back
Top Bottom