More NPIP Fun.

All went well.
He said my birds were gentle, and I had a pretty nice setup, which I appreciate him mentioning. ^_^
Everybody is clean or Pullorum-typhoid, though he said I need to be wary of waterfowl, which can spread Avian Influenza. I won't have to worry about that, though. We don't have ducks or geese, and the wild ones don't come around here.

All went well.
He said my birds were gentle, and I had a pretty nice setup, which I appreciate him mentioning. ^_^
Everybody is clean or Pullorum-typhoid, though he said I need to be wary of waterfowl, which can spread Avian Influenza. I won't have to worry about that, though. We don't have ducks or geese, and the wild ones don't come around here.
Remind me...
are you able to certify only certain members of your flock?
I think I remember free ranging wasn't an option for you.
I should probably read back but I am about to walk out the door.
(I'll read back later)

Free ranging is not an option unless there were no animals that would ever come in contact with my chickens ex. horses, dogs, cattle, sheep, ect.
I didn't ask him about certifying only a small amount. All they test for is Pullorum-typhoid and there hasn't been a case of that in the last 40 years.
If I wanted to bring in a new batch, (which I don't intend to do unless they are the most fabulous show chickens ever, in which case they would already be certified) I would have to quarantine them anyways, just for normal chicken precautions.

Free ranging is not an option unless there were no animals that would ever come in contact with my chickens ex. horses, dogs, cattle, sheep, ect.
I didn't ask him about certifying only a small amount. All they test for is Pullorum-typhoid and there hasn't been a case of that in the last 40 years.
If I wanted to bring in a new batch, (which I don't intend to do unless they are the most fabulous show chickens ever, in which case they would already be certified) I would have to quarantine them anyways, just for normal chicken precautions.
So you just got the PT testing done?
You have not been "checked" for the NPIP yet correct?

Checked? I got the papers and such, and can ship chicks and such now. He came and looked at my setup and stuff, too
Sweet but I am a little confused. (sorry)

The guy came out and PT tested, looked around.
That is for the NPIP?
You got your NPIP number today?

I'm building one big run for three coops tomorrow. I read in one of my chicken books (can't remember exactly which) that the grass keeps better when they are let out on alternate days.
Still upset that I won't be able to let them out, but I know my family won't miss the poop on the porch, crowing in the window, or renegade eggs.
I forgot you were making a run to keep them all in...my bad.

Back
Top Bottom