More NPIP Fun.

Legal and being NPIP are two different things.
Double check with them.
Now that I think about it more I am guessing it would not really be something I would think they would allow.
I'll read through the packet. Right now, I am not in contact with anyone who knows it very well. The guy that sent me the packet... I don't know if he knew it.
I haven't read it all yet, I'll get back with you when I have.

On the brighter side- I did get a free chicken calendar with my packet!

It would be helpful to know, now that I think about it. There's going to be culls that will not be included in the breeding program, and if I can free range them, they won't take up so much space, or need special coops.

I'll read through the packet. Right now, I am not in contact with anyone who knows it very well. The guy that sent me the packet... I don't know if he knew it.
I haven't read it all yet, I'll get back with you when I have.

On the brighter side- I did get a free chicken calendar with my packet!
Please do.
I am very interested in how each state runs the NPIP program.
Thank you!

Update: as of 2018, Missouri code, you don't have to have 30 birds available for testing. It's just that if you do have that many or more, they only test half your flock. If you have less than 30, they test them all... at least from what I can make out.

Looking at section (i) ?
15204651868311113275644.jpg

Of the states that I have spoke to, that have numbers, like your 30, I have been told that if you don't have the minimum number they have listed (the 30) the entire flock is tested.

Does that make sense?

I have been getting in contact with each state to find out specifics of this program directly from them.
I have not made it to your state yet.
;)

I'm building one big run for three coops tomorrow. I read in one of my chicken books (can't remember exactly which) that the grass keeps better when they are let out on alternate days.
Still upset that I won't be able to let them out, but I know my family won't miss the poop on the porch, crowing in the window, or renegade eggs.

Back
Top Bottom