more questions about treatment for mites

chickfan

Songster
10 Years
Oct 12, 2009
Leander, TX
I have a bottle of Ivermetcin INJECTIBLE for cattle. I have read that some put ivermectin pour on, on the backs of chickens. I'm wondering if I can do that with the injectible? I know to use just a couple of drops on bantams, and a tiny bit more on larger chickens, of the pour on. And if It is OK to do this, do I need to hold off eating the eggs, and if so, for how long? I have been reading several hours today, and can't seem to find the exact answers I need.
I have seen mites on two chickens..have looked at 4 others and don't see them. Makes no sense to me. I'll treat them all (32 chickens). I have guineas and ducks that will be impossible to catch, I fear. They all interact nicely, so I hope they are not carrying any mites. I have treated the two that I saw the mites on, with DE.
Thanks!

i've used the pour on and it works great...... you better check things out n be positive before you use chemicals on your flock....... i think the pour on is only 10 bucks,, check ebay or amazon....... it will last you for years!!!!

and just as a precaution i didn't eat eggs for 3 or 4 weeks, don't remember........ treat birds then treat them again in 10 days i think.............. i think "speckled hen" gave me the info when i had trouble....maybe you can private message her...

Thank you both for your replies. I pulled up the website and see lots of information, so I've saved it and will read. I may just buy some pour-on and then throw away the eggs for a few days. I'll read more before I make a decision. I'm going to get rid of a few soon, and I don't want to be spreading mites around.

Back
Top Bottom