** MORE UPDATES ALL HATCHED ** PICS ADDED

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
Well she made it through the night !!!
her yoke sak is half the size it was when I went to bed last night - she is still fluffing up much but from what it looks like she is going to be black like her cayuga mom - still no clue on who her daddy is - but since she is not showing any signs of being creasted I am starting to think her dad is Afflac the pekin.

She has been opening her eyes when I go into check on her and she will kick her HUGE feet and flap her little wings - so she is very active. She still wants to lay there curled up in the "egg shape". Her breathing seems normal not raceing or anything.

And I noticed last night that one of her siblings has pipped - so hopefully it goes better with that one.

so I think - for a first time hatcher I am doing alright - out of 3 eggs - 1 hatched, 1 pipped,1 has not done anything yet. Today marks day 30 for them I will give the eggs until this weekend to something.

i do have a few quick questions ---

1) how long before I help the egg that has pipped or the one that has done nothing?

2) how long should I leave the first baby in there before she needs out with food and water?

3) how long do you think it will be before she is up walking?

Oh and if there are any Jeff Dunham fans - This baby's name is Peanut LOL

Julie

Last edited:
Hoping for the best
smile.png

Walter is my hero !!!

well both 2 & 3 have a nice sized hole - and I can barely see them moving in there ( only because they are turned to where I cant see them ) all 3 are chirrping to each other - the more the babies in the eggs talk the more Peanut kicks her feet !! it is so cute.

I will keep you all posted

Julie

** NEW UPDATE **

baby number two has it's bill poking out of the egg and it is the cutest little black bill !!

baby number three also has it's bill poking out of the egg and its a tiny white bill !!

Peanut not longer has any of the yoke left - and she no longer wants to sleep curled up on her wash cloth - she is moving all over that bator -

so far it looks like 100% hatch on my first time - but I am waiting till they are out before I start to celerbrate --

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
I really need a jumping duckie

Julie

Peanut is starting to fluff up nicely - she is not as black as I thought she is kind of a smokey grey - which makes no sense - since the two males are not grey !! so I guess maybe her daddy is the pekin -- dont white and black make grey LOL

I will try and post a pic of peanut tonight

I cant get over how happy I am right now seeing these little babies being born -- I know all you fellow hatchers understand that wonderful feeling - but I never thought I would sharing it with you - I was so scaried to do this -- I am ready to do it again !!

Julie

Back
Top Bottom