Mosaic Chickens!

So I just hatched 7 mosaics chicks. We are at 2 weeks old, I’m wondering if the girls feather in faster than the boys or if this is a breed that you can’t use that to sex them. I’m hoping they aren’t, because at this point I only have 1 with tail feathers.

They were developed from imperfect Ayam Cemani chickens. That is, the ones with white leakage. Then selectively bred to become what we see in the photos. Mine are from Goldfeather Farms. I occasionally sell locally in Iowa, but don't ship as of yet. Their size and eggs are like that of the Ayam Cemani

Do you mean, they only lay a few eggs per year?

Do any of you Mosaic owners have pictures you can post of cockerels vs pullets at around 7/8 weeks old? I’ve got an opportunity to buy some grow outs here in CO and want to do the best job I’m able to in choosing!

I’ve been stalking this thread for a little bit because it seems to be one of the only active resources to see/hear about Mosaic chickens.
So after reading through and (barely) debating, I’ve decided I would love to have Mosaics of my own!... but I prefer the ones with more color (browns) on their feathers. And from what I’ve seen most have more of that monochromatic black/white look, and I don’t want to order and leave it to luck whether or not I receive some brown-ish ones. :barnie Thoughts?

Below are examples of my preferred Mosaic look, credits to the original posters!View attachment 1872763View attachment 1872764View attachment 1872765View attachment 1872766
I'm getting some chicks in this week. Once they get to size and colors defined maybe we can work something out.

You knew it was bound to happen and I'm honestly surprised a thread doesn't already exist, so...let's talk about these Mosaics from Gold Feather Farms!

I realize many of you think they're a fad, and that's okay. I, personally, think that the chickens are gorgeous and I'm excited to have them in my flock! Anyone else? I got fortunate and won my six in a FB chicken raffle so maybe I'm in a different position for not being out a ton of money if they aren't what I expect, but so far, they're fabulous eye candy and some of the most beautiful chicks I've seen.

Jury is still out on these kids vs boys or girls but I do kinda suspect that I'm looking at 4 boys out of 6 chicks. It's still early though (I think they're about 3 weeks old now) and fortunately I have a nearby friend who picked some up too, so we may trade a bit, if need be.

View attachment 1031561 View attachment 1031562 View attachment 1031563 View attachment 1031564 View attachment 1031565 View attachment 1031566 View attachment 1031567 View attachment 1031568 View attachment 1031570
A Friend of mine just hatched some today that he won in a raffle. He said they're going fast!
received_636048203640414.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom