Mosaic Chickens!

Annnnnnd....
B3A5D23E-4180-4472-A060-36490F88661A.jpeg

8D52DB07-A99E-46B6-AEA9-1B7B5E4EAB60.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello. I bought some backyard pulleys and one was supposed to be a blue Bresse. But she has tourquise earlobes like Mosaics. I cannot find anything about Bresse with colored lobes. Will post photo, but thoughts?

Yes I thought that the eggs are a bit expensive...
Do you have any more info regarding this new breed;
How big are the chickens as adults? And how big are the eggs? Do you know the crossbreed that they used to developed this beautiful bird?
Do you sell hatching eggs as well?

Sinserely
Wendela

They were developed from imperfect Ayam Cemani chickens. That is, the ones with white leakage. Then selectively bred to become what we see in the photos. Mine are from Goldfeather Farms. I occasionally sell locally in Iowa, but don't ship as of yet. Their size and eggs are like that of the Ayam Cemani

They were developed from imperfect Ayam Cemani chickens. That is, the ones with white leakage. Then selectively bred to become what we see in the photos. Mine are from Goldfeather Farms. I occasionally sell locally in Iowa, but don't ship as of yet. Their size and eggs are like that of the Ayam Cemani

I agree with you and also think braekel or campine were used. They tend to have a lot of the same color patterning as well as similar pointy little faces. I think a breed with white or blue ears would be needed with the cemani since their ears are normally black or mulberry.

This is the way they were explained to us by the breeder, although I wouldn't be surprised if they left some details of the creation out to avoid people "making" their own Mosaics . Job security and all that lol.

Back
Top Bottom