Mosin-Nagant

It's all expensive now...
hmm.png

Quote:
Just a warning - the 8mm Mauser kicks enough to make ME sore, and recoil doesn't bother me as much as other people. Had a chance to shoot a friend's once. My shoulder was sore for a few days afterwards.

Sadly, we were only able to find ONE 20 round box of Mosin ammo for sale. Nobody has it! It's also more expensive than I thought it was.
hmm.png
Ten bucks for a 20-round box of Russian surplus? Yikes.

$10 is real good, here I pay $20 bucks for a 20 box of .308 ammo tht is a really good price

Quote:
lau.gif
I WONDERED when this plan would be put into action. Now, where's the popcorn?

pop.gif
I think Em is scared of you now. Not that we weren't all terrified before.
roll.png

Scared? Of me? No way. What's to be afraid of...?
gig.gif

Why would I be afraid of Fluffiluffagus? It's EVERYONE ELSE who should be.

Excellent choice, the Mosin-Nagant 91/30 is an good deer rifle. My son has four of them now. My son-in-law has a 8mm Mauser and I have a Ruger M77 all weather stainless in 30.06.

36435_buttonbuck2010.jpg

The knife is handmade by myself with osage-orange wood for handles, made out of an old saw blade. I also made the osage-orange inserts on the rifle.

Bought my son one last summer that is still in cosmoline from the local Gun Shop in Whitefield NH. We added it to our WW2 collection. $150 with the accessories. Couldnt pass it up. He had a few wooden crates full of them, they didnt last long.

Quote:
lol.png
That's funny, 'cause this Mosin didn't have a bayonet! Any idea what rifle the WWI bayonet was from?

No idea. There's some writing on the base of the blade--looks like German--but most of the letters are rubbed off. The metal has oxidized quite a bit too.

Bought a MN from Cabelas last year for $100. Came with the bayonet, rifle sling cleaning and tool kit.

You want to be impressed shoot that thing at dusk dark, I promise you will get the idea that it ain't the lead that does the damage, it's the fire. I have shot a lot of rifle and shot guns at night but I ain't never seen nuthin breath fire like that monster.

Non corrosive ammunition can be purchased from cabelas 20 rounds @ $9.95

Scopes can be mounted to Mosin Nagants but the bolt handle has to be cut off, the bolt then drilled out and the handle replaced with a bent handle that will clear a scope. Can be done. I'm not going to do it but it can be done.

Currently I have a Mosin Nagant, a M-1 carbine and a British Enfield. I was to slow on the trigger when it came to buying a Mauser.

And we can all dream about the Garand out there. I'd give a good tooth for a Springfield with a good barrel.

Forgot all about my zombie guns----

2 SKSs 1- chicom with the nylon stock no bayonet, 1- yugoslav wood stock bayonet sling and tool kit. Ammo is still real cheap for these things. suprisingly the chicom is deadly accurate, the yugo is real pretty with the wood stock but you can't hit the side of the barn if your standing in the barn.

Last edited:
Quote:
Nice - Mausers are great guns. Don't think I've ever heard of the M77, but it sure looks good!

Does anyone know of any rifle ranges (preferably 100+ yards) in the Davidson County, NC area? Aside from our tiny patch of woods, I've got nowhere to practice with this thing. Certainly no place to practice at long range.

Quote:
Yeah most older rifle's its hard to/ almost impossible to. But idk how the snipers did it. Lol have fun shooting. Im thinking about getting a .22 LR or a different varmit gun haha

I recommend the ruger 10/22 I have one my dad,brothers,grampa all have at least 1 they are great guns I'll try to post a pic of mine

Back
Top Bottom