Mosquitoes

weebles&wobblesmom

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 24, 2011
I have a question. Because of ALL the rain we have had here, the mosquitoes are HORRIBLE. I saw 1 on one of my ducks neck tonight. At the farm store there is stuff called Poultry Protector and I know it says for mites, lices and ticks (not sure bout other), but does anyone know if it can be used on ducks? Or is there something I can use to help control the bug problem?

I use a big electric bug zapper in our yard and leave it pluged in 24/7 and it takes care of them so, we can sit out in the eve. w/o getting bitten. I think I should put a catch tray under it to give dead mosquitoes and gnats to my birds. It's fun sitting out and watching the buggers getting zapped
ya.gif

You think that's fun? We found a fly swatter that's battery charged. The thing is NOT a toy! But you wisk it through a swarm of nats, and little shots of white light shoot out with the "zap" noise, and the swarm is pretty well gone. Can't use it to smack anything on a wall, but it's like bug tennis for mid-air swipes.

My friend has one of those and we couldnt get a dragon fly outta the house so we used that and the thing wouldnt die it was just sit there while the thing would be going ZAP ZING ZAP ZING And then finally it flew out of the house after like 3 minutes of being zapped it was CRAZY

God bless all you other rednecks who use electric flyswatters and watch the bug zapper! They are fun aren't they?
lol.png

Is the poultry protector a powder? I'm not sure ducks would benefit since they spend so much time in the water. I'm wondering if a mosquito can even get past all the down and feathers to feed off a duck?

No the poultry protector is a spray that you can use on their bed area and basically the whole coop, plus you can spray it on the bird. I know its for lice, mites and I think ticks, but I don't know about anything else.

Where did you find the electric fly swatter?

Back
Top Bottom