Mosquitos!!!!

Mason Lockshaw

In the Brooder
Sep 30, 2016
My coop is OVERRUN with mosquitos! I've tried every natural way of getting rid of them but they WILL NOT LEAVE!! What spray or powder or ANYTHING can I use? Everything I'm finding can't be used around pets and I have dogs cats and chickens. I've hung planters with mosquito repellent plants all around the coop (high enough so no pets can't get to them since they can be poisonous if ingested) no change at all, I've planted lavender everywhere in my yard, nothing. Please help my poor girls are getting eaten alive 😣

The use of mosquito repellent plants only worked for me when the plants basically surrounded the roosting birds. I have two many groups to surround. The mosquito's are carrying some pathogens. I assume all the chickens are exposed, but very few actually get sick. Those that get sick are removed / culled. Otherwise keep the birds in good nutrition to replace blood loss and fight infection. I did spend some time out with flashlight seeing what is going on. Use a red lens on flashlight so as to not interfere with normal mosquito behavior so you can make a better assessment.

I am so, so, so susceptible to Mosquito bites, they love my blood🙁.
I use a liquid garlic concentrate, diluted with water to spray our 2 acres of property for Mosquito control. It works wonders and I'm able to sit with my chickens longer..❤❤❤❤
****I currently use Mozzy Shield, but I understand they are having labeling issues. You may be able to call the company and get a jug shipped directly to you, not sure but worth a try. 🤷🏻‍♀️
When I run out of my current stock, if their issue has not been resolved, I intend to try and find pure garlic oil from maybe a large food supply store/distributor.
Good luck, I know how awful Mosquitoes can be to those of us with the good blood 😂.

Back
Top Bottom