Most common chicken killing predators?

What's the most common predator in your area?

• Bear

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Fox

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Raccoon

Votes: 44 59.5%
  • Hunters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawk

Votes: 44 59.5%
  • Owl

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Possums

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Skunks

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Bobcats

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • House Cats

• Large Cats

• Coyote

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Dog

Votes: 21 28.4%

• Total voters
Pics
Neighbor’s dogs did this for fun. They played tug-o-war with them and left them. They got them all. I hatched out their eggs. I got 6 byc out of their 13 eggs.

They stayed in my yard with a 4’ fence and my pitty and bully until we got an acre fenced in for them. 6’ for the chickens, 4’ fence for the dogs…

Now I have 14 silkies in the reinforced dog kennel, inside the chicken yard, with 4 security cameras, as we work on adding hardware cloth to the bottom of the fence to avoid anything digging under it.

So tired of people letting their dogs run loose here

Attachments

• 24D485E0-AE93-4204-AC79-2BECDBE677CA.jpeg
    24D485E0-AE93-4204-AC79-2BECDBE677CA.jpeg
    843.7 KB · Views: 8
Neighbor’s dogs did this for fun. They played tug-o-war with them and left them. They got them all. I hatched out their eggs. I got 6 byc out of their 13 eggs.

They stayed in my yard with a 4’ fence and my pitty and bully until we got an acre fenced in for them. 6’ for the chickens, 4’ fence for the dogs…

Now I have 14 silkies in the reinforced dog kennel, inside the chicken yard, with 4 security cameras, as we work on adding hardware cloth to the bottom of the fence to avoid anything digging under it.

So tired of people letting their dogs run loose here
Pellet gun!

Pellet gun!
Those dogs have been doing this all over the area. They done the same thing to another coop, at another house less than a mile from here. Their electric fence didn't stop them. The owners say they stay at home. Animal control has traps out to catch them, with no luck. A pellet gun would do no good. They are large dogs. I have a Henry at the back door now.

Those dogs have been doing this all over the area. They done the same thing to another coop, at another house less than a mile from here. Their electric fence didn't stop them. The owners say they stay at home. Animal control has traps out to catch them, with no luck. A pellet gun would do no good. They are large dogs. I have a Henry at the back door now.
A Henry will work too.

Hi! I'm just wondering what the most common predator is, that way I can protect the coop against them.

So, if you can, answer the poll below on the most common/dangerous predator in your opinion. This is your opinion, it's different for everyone.

Thanks for answering!
If you are trying to make your coop secure from predators, you need to know which predator is most active in YOUR area.
I'm sure different folks have different predators. Some mentioned in the poll we don't even have.

Like you said its different for everyone .My chickens are safe from most predators (like skunks, minks, raccoons, possums, coyotes and foxes) however nothing will stop a bear except a powerful electric fence .Bears can destroy a predator proof coop and run.

Back
Top Bottom