Most friendly chicken breeds

We just brought home our first chicks ever today and they are three days old. We chose Barred Rocks and Ameraucanas and right now we have four and we are waiting for our fifth which will be a White Rock. I can't keep my 8 year old son away and they have already been getting so much attention and all four will climb right on us when we take them out. They seem to love to be held and quiet down when they rest in your hand and you put your other on top to keep them warm. When you talk to them through the crate they look up at you as if they are listening. None of them run away from us when we open the door to the crate, not yet at least. We are hoping that they will enjoy us as much as we already enjoy them as they get older and I believe we will continue to handle them as much as they will let us. We will let you know if it works in a year, having friendly chickens from all of the attention. Here's hoping.

i have large fowl cochin pullets. they are the sweetest most mellow chickens ever. They follow me around the yard, sit in my lap, jump up on your shoulder. Plus they are so funny to watch with their little shuffle!

I have a WL, EE,FBCM, BAxRIR, BR, BLRW and a SS and my wyandotte and sussex are the friendliest. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SUSSEX

i have a spangled hamburg that is very freindly and always wants to be around us,she is my only chook so and ive handled her since a few days after birth and she loves cuddles .

Most Female Silkies Are Very Nice, And Lovable
love.gif
! There also very pretty.

My barred rocks are very friendly and austrolorps . I have heard that brahmas are very friendly- Anyone think so? Need to find some chicks in the st louis area. Any ideas to find light brahmas?

Back
Top Bottom