Most humaine way to cull?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Research animals are never tortured for the sake of being tortured. For anyone to do research on animals at a university, they have to fill out an extensive IACUC form which goes to committee who decides if the animal usage is acceptable, and will have adequate benefit. There would be a lot more human suffering in this world if not for research animals.

Enough said... I am not hi-jacking this thread!!
big_smile.png

Mr. Ugly Cowboy, I didn't take offense at what you said. If I had to, I would use one of the method you suggested. Instead, my husband uses those methods.

Sometimes the way we word things on-line gets people upset. Don't let it get you down.

...don't see why shampoo needs to be put in a rabbits eye repeatedly for the sake of people but I know what you are saying.

YES, words DO get misinterperated. ALL I ever asked was for cowboy to be a little more caring with his words. there are kids on here.

and your right, lets abort the hi-jack mission here.

over'n out

Last edited:
I use the cervical dislocation method as described by Sunny_Side_Up with a stick held by both my feet. But mine almost always leads to decapitation, and is always immediate.

I don't like doing it, but I can if I have to. I'd rather someone else do the dispatching.

He asked for the MOST humane way... what Ugly Cowboy said IS the most humane way... Listen...i am the biggest animal lover there is..i CAN NOT stand to see an animal in pain.. so..for me i will choose the ax or broom stick method for my birds. because it IS the most humane way to do it. maybe not for me...but it IS for the bird. which is what i REALLY care about. I dont think i want to suffocate them with the dry ice...i vote for INSTANT death..

LOL Ok yall! Sorry I jumped on some of ya but as you can imagine I get yelled at by almost everybody, includin most of my own folks for "torturin those poor animals when you can get meat from the store where nothin was hurt"
roll.png
So I tend to get a little... angryer... then I sometimes should. And about the wordin, ya gotta remember, I'm an ol' rancher, I dont got much of a way with words... That was the nicest way I knew how to put it, sorry if it came across as jerky, I really dont try to be, just aint so good at the whole talkin thing sometimes LOL.

Not eveyone has a yard in the country in which they can do this w/out spectators. Not all have the stomach to do this.

until we know what a persons intended meaning of humane is I just thought it'd be nice to be a little less 'graphic' (at least not right away) since my young cousins are on here reading this stuff.

Why are people SO defensive on this subject- cull your poultry how you want, just talk about it less graphically.

Please don't hate me!

I'm not here to make enemies.

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU!!!!

I can be at peace now!

smile.png

I was not angry while posting any of this...just wanted to be heard.

Thanks cowboy for your appologies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom